The eighth edition of Measurement and Evaluation in Physical Education and Exercise Science, now published in paperback and hardback, offers students a clear and practical guide to best practice for measurement and evaluation in school- and nonschool-based physical activity programs.
Written by two academics with backgrounds in physical education teacher education (PETE), the book emphasizes the link between theory and practice and reflects the most recent changes in national physical education programs. It covers a full range of introductory topics, including current trends in measurement and evaluation, program development, statistics, test selection, and an expanded chapter on alternative assessment, before introducing:
• measurement for health-related physical fitness
• measurement for psychomotor skills
• measurement for cognitive knowledge
• measurement for affective behaviors
Each chapter features learning aids such as objectives, key terms, practical applications, and review questions, while an appendix offers in-depth Excel assignments. Offering a full companion website featuring an instructor’s manual, lecture slides, and a test bank, Measurement and Evaluation in Physical Education and Exercise Science is a complete resource for instructors and students, alike. It is an essential text for students in measurement and evaluation classes as part of a degree program in physical education, exercise science or kinesiology, and a valuable reference for practitioners seeking to inform their professional practice.
1. Introduction to Measurement and Evaluation
2. Linking Program Development with Measurement and Evaluation
3. Basic Statistics
4. Criteria for Test Selection
5. Alternative Assessments
6. Measuring Health-Related Physical Fitness and Physical Activity
7. Measuring Psychomotor Skills
8. Measuring Cognitive Knowledge
9. Measuring Affective Behaviors
11. Using Self-Evaluation to Improve Instruction
12. Measurement and Evaluation in Activity-Based Settings
To gain access to the instructor resources for this title, please visit the Instructor Resources Download Hub.
You will be prompted to fill out a registration form which will be verified by one of our sales reps.