Meeting the Needs of Your Most Able Pupils in Design and Technology
Meeting the Needs of Your Most Able Pupils in Design and Technology provides specific guidance on:
- recognizing high ability and multiple intelligences
- planning, differentiation and extension/enrichment in D&T
- teacher questioning skills
- support for more able pupils with learning difficulties (dyslexia, ADHD, sensory impairment)
- recording and assessment
- beyond the classroom: visits, residentials, competitions, summer schools, masterclasses, link with universities, businesses and other organisations.
The book features comprehensive appendices and an accompanying downloadable resources with: useful contacts and resources, lesson plans, liaison sheets for Teaching Assistants, homework activities and monitoring sheets.
For secondary teachers, subject heads of departments, Gifted and Talented co-ordinators, SENCos and LEA advisers.