Metal Matrix Composites
Two Volume Set
Prices & shipping based on shipping country
Metal Matrix Composites, Two Volume Set cover fabrication, production, manufacturing techniques including micro and nano-reinforcements for hybrid structures, and applications like tribological behaviours, corrosion behaviour, heat exchanger and so forth. It describes synthesis of micro/nano MMCs with multivariate approach for production. Each chapter covers different perspectives of micro/nano reinforcement and related applications.
- Provides in-depth information on fabrication, production and advanced manufacturing of Metal Matrix Composites (MMCs) .
- Emphasizes on advanced processing methods like metal 3D printing, additive and subtractive manufacturing techniques.
- Presents detailed analysis on new age reinforcements in Metal Matrix Composites (MMCs).
- Covers details about convergence of hybrid composites from conventional alloys.
- Includes mechanisms and effects of various reinforcement on pertinent properties.
This book aims at Graduate students, Researchers and Professionals in Micro/Nano science & Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Metallurgy, and Composites.
Table of Contents
1. Micro and Nano Composites Produced By Different Casting Route and Improved Mechanical and Tribological Properties 2. Processing of Metal Matrix Composites (MMCs) 3. Fabrication Techniques of Self-Lubricating Aluminum And Magnesium Hybrid Composites for Green Tribology and Energy Efficiency- A Review 4. Review Of Aluminum Metal Matrix Composites -A Multidimensional Attribute Approach 5. Multi-Scale Computational Analysis of Metal Matrix Nanocomposites 6. Subtractive Processing of Metal Matrix Composites Through Modern Machining Processes: Processing Conditions, Mechanisms And Challenges 7. Effects of Performance Measures of Non-Conventional Joining Processes On Mechanical Properties Of Metal Matrix Composites 8. Advance Research Progress in Metal Matrix Nano-Composites: Mechanical Properties and Applications in Engineering 9. Conventional and 3D Printing Technology for The Manufacturing of Metal Matrix Composite: A Study 10. 3D Printing of Metal Matrix Composites: A Review and Prospective 1. Materials System for Functional Properties of Metal Matrix Composites: Self-Lubricating, Anti-Wear and Self-Cleaning Properties 2. Basics of Metal Matrix Composites and its Application in Transistor Electronics 3. Metal Matrix Nanocomposites for Aircraft Engine and Space Applications: The Need of the Hour 4. The Progressive Development Of Metal Matrix Composites: from Alloy to Hybrid Composites-A review 5. Lubricated Tribology of Light-Weight MMCs: Recent and Future Perspectives 6. Metal Matrix Composites for Heat Exchangers 7. Corrosion Behavior of Metal, Alloy and Composite: An Overview 8. Tribology mechanism and characterization of Aluminium Metal Matrix Composites 9. Graphene/Metal Matrix Nanocomposites: Synthesis, Characterization and Properties 10. Fracture Process in Micro Reinforced Metal Matrix Composites
Dr Suneev Anil Bansal has more than 15 years of diverse experience in industry, research laboratories and academia. He has served variuos key positions in key projects like automobile development at Hero Motor Corp., fighter aircraft development at DRDO, and nanomaterials & manufacturing development at various universities. His research interest is in the fields of micro/nano-manufacturing, materials, 2D materials, graphene, polymer/metal composite materials, sensing, etc. Presently, he is working (& head of the nano/micro-manufacturing and materials research group) at Maharaja Agrasen University. He has published more than 50 research papers, holds 1 patent and has served as a subject expert for a number of journals.
Dr. Virat Khanna is an Assistant Professor and Head in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Maharaja Agrasen University, HP, India and has 11 years of teaching experience. He is Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from Maharaja Agrasen University, HP, India. He Completed his M Tech in Mechanical Engineering in 2013 and B Tech in Mechanical Engineering in 2008 from I. K. Gujral Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar, India. His areas of research are Aluminium Metal matrix nanocomposite (Graphene, CNT, Processing technique, optimization and mathematical modeling techniques). He has published and presented more than 18 papers in Journals and conferences of national and international repute. He has authored one book named “Steady State Creep in Rotating Thick-Walled Composite Cylinders” with Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany (ISBN: 978-3-659-71203-6). He is also the Editor of Book “Emerging & Futuristic Trends in Engineering & Technology” (ISBN: 978-93-82068-14-3).
Dr. Pallav Gupta is presently working as an Assistant Professor (Grade-II) in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Amity School of Engineering and Technology, Amity University Uttar Pradesh, Noida (INDIA). He completed his B.Tech. (Honors) from Department of Mechanical Engineering, Integral University, Lucknow, INDIA in the year 2009, Qualified GATE in 2009 with AIR-3291 and then completed his M.Tech. (Honors) from I.I.T. (B.H.U.), Varanasi, INDIA in the year 2011 followed by Ph.D. in the year 2015 from I.I.T.(B.H.U.), Varanasi, INDIA. His area of research includes Material Processing; Metal Matrix Composites; Coatings/Nanocoatings; Mechanical Behaviour and Corrosion. He also has a good command over teaching subjects like Material Science; Engineering Materials; Measurement and Metrology; Advanced Welding Technology & Composite Materials.
Dr. Gupta has over 08 years of teaching and research experience. In this duration, he has published over 80+ research papers in peer reviewed international journals as well as in reputed international and national conferences in India as well as in abroad. Apart from this he has also published 07 chapters in books published by Springer. Dr. Gupta has edited one book entitled “Advances in Engineering Materials” (Springer) and has also authored a textbook on “Manufacturing Processes” (IP Innovative Publication Pvt. Ltd.). He has also filed 01 Indian and 01 Australian Patent as well. Dr. Gupta has completed 02 sponsored research projects as Principal Invetigator. He also received International Travel Support from S.E.R.B., Department of Science and Technology, Government of India in the year 2016 for attending and presenting his research work in an International Conference held in Malaysia.
Dr. Gupta also has memberships of several professional bodies like Materials Research Society of India, Tribology Society of India, Electron Microscope Society of India, The Indian Society for Technical Education etc. He also has delivered large number of invited and expert lectures as well as chaired sessions in conferences at various reputed Universities and Institutes in India and Abroad. A large number of students have completed their Summer Internships, B.Tech. Projects and M.Tech. Dissertations under his guidance. 02 scholars have completed and 04 are presently registered for their Ph.D. research work under his Supervision in the area of “Coatings, Metal Matrix Composites and Polymer Matrix Composites”.