In the manufacturing sector, nanomaterials offer promising outcomes for cost reduction in production, quality improvement, and minimization of environmental hazards. This book focuses on the application of nanomaterials across a wide range of manufacturing areas, including in paint and coatings, petroleum refining, textile and leather industries, electronics, energy storage devices, electrochemical sensors, as well as in industrial waste treatment.
- Examines nanofluids and nanocoatings in manufacturing and their characterization.
- Discusses nanomaterial applications in fabricating lightweight structural components, oil refining, smart leather processing and textile industries, and the construction industry.
- Highlights the role of 3D printing in realizing the full potential of nanotechnology.
- Considers synthetic strategies with a focus on greener protocols for the fabrication of nanostructured materials with enhanced properties and better control, including these materials' characterization and significant properties for ensuring smart outputs.
- Offers a unique perspective on applications in industrial waste recycling and treatment, along with challenges in terms of safety, economics, and sustainability in industrial processes.
This work is written for researchers and industry professionals across a variety of engineering disciplines, including materials, manufacturing, process, and industrial engineering.
Table of Contents
1. State of the Art on Hybrid Nanofluids and Their Usage in Machining Processes.
2. Machining Performance of Inconel 718 under Nano-MQL Strategy Using PVD TiAlN/TiN-Coated Cutter.
3. Applications of Nanofluids in Minimum Quantity Lubrication Machining: A Review.
4. Nanomaterials in the Manufacturing of Structural Components.
5. Impact of Nanoparticles on the Tribological Behavior of Cutting Fluids in Machining: A Review.
6. Investigating the Effect of Magnetic Nanoparticles in Magneto-Rheological (MR) Fluid for Monotube Damper Testing.
7. Carbonaceous TiO2-Nanocomposites for Treatment of Dye-Laden Wastewater in Textile Industries.
8. Approaches for Nanomaterial Lab Scale Synthesis and Manufacturing.
9. Synthesis and Applications of Metal-Based Nanomaterials.
10. Nanomaterial Characterization Techniques.
11. Recycling of Traditional Plastics: PP, PS, PVC, PET, HDPE, and LDPE, and Their Blends and Composites.
12. Graphene Oxide and Its Nanocomposite for Wastewater Treatment.
Dr. Dhiraj Sud is working as Professor in the Department of Chemistry at Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, a Govt of India Organization. She has more than 30 years of teaching and research experience. Her core area of research is the coordination chemistry / environmental chemistry/ nanochemistry and specialization in heterogeneous photocatalysis and adsorption technology for wastewater treatment. She has more than 100 publications in international and national journal of repute with citation index of 4925 and h-index of 22 and i10 index of 31. She has attended more than 25 national and international conferences and contributed 150 papers, among these 15 research papers/presentations were adjudged as best research papers at various national/international conferences. She guided 15 Ph.D students and 20 postgraduate research students. She is the author of two books viz. Comprehensive chemistry for engineering students and applied chemistry for polytechnic students, editor of conference proceedings, and has contributed seven chapters in different international books. She also worked on various research and development and thrust area projects in industrial waste treatment.
Dr. Anil Kumar Singla is working as Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal, Punjab, India. He has completed his Ph.D. in mechanical engineering from Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal, Punjab, India in 2019. He has published 8 articles in high quality international peer reviewed journals, 3 book chapters, one book (Editor) and also presented research papers at national/international conferences. His area of interest is sustainable manufacturing, material characterization, additive manufacturing, and biomaterials.
Dr. Munish Kumar Gupta is working as a University Professor at Opole University of Technology, Opole, Poland. He has completed his Postdoctoral Research Fellowship from Shandong University, China. He obtained his Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from National Institute of Technology, India in 2018. He is a reviewer of more than 20 international journals (for Elsevier, Springer, Sage, Taylor & Francis, and Wiley). In addition, he has published more than 100 articles in high-quality international peer-reviewed journals, 6 book chapters, and 1 book (Editor) and also presented research papers at national/international conferences. His areas of interest are sustainable manufacturing, machining, welding, and rapid prototyping.