With rising financial difficulties and declining enrollments, many colleges and universities are finding that they need new and better ways to present and promote themselves to potential students and the general public. New Strategies in Higher Education Marketing contains practical, “how-to” applications of marketing thought and theory for the higher education environment. Written by practitioners for practitioners, this valuable book offers new viewpoints, tools, and creative ways to solve potentially devastating problems through the implementation of marketing. Each chapter is application oriented and cases and situations common to most universities and colleges are discussed to illustrate marketing strategies and techniques to make them more easily understood and readily usable.New Strategies in Higher Education Marketing is divided into four sections:
- Research and Promotion
- Enrollment Services
- Development. It includes informative chapters on topics including perceptions and proper application of marketing in higher education; fund raising; public relations; coordination of intra-organizational efforts; techniques and methods of gathering information and data; and the challenge and management of student enrollment. Directors, presidents, vice-presidents, and others responsible for or interested in the marketing of a college or university will find a wealth of highly practical information in this book.
Table of Contents
- I. Strategy
- Opportunistic Marketing in Higher Education
- Perceptions Toward Marketing Higher Education: Do Academic Disciplines Make a Difference?
- Are U.S. Colleges and Universities Applying Marketing Techniques Properly and Within the Context of an Overall Marketing Plan?
- II. Research and Promotion
- Academic Program Review: A Market Strategy Perspective
- Multiple Positions for an Academic Institution: A Factor Analysis Approach
- A Guide to Effective Use of Alumni Student Recruitment
- III. Enrollment Services
- The Enrollment Challenge for Business Schools: An Alumni View
- Enrollment Management: The Model, the Manager, and the Message
- Guidelines for Using Market Research in College Publications
- IV. Development
- Factors and Strategies Which Influence the Marketing of Successful Fund Raising Programs in Small Private College
- The Role of Public Relations in a Successful Fund-Raising Campaign
- Up the Organization