Non-profit Organizations and Co-production The Logics Shaping Professional and Citizen Collaboration
Free Shipping (6-12 Business Days)
Non-profit Organizations and Co-production:The Logics Shaping Professional and Citizen Collaboration develops a novel framework for analyzing the practices of co-production between citizens and professionals in the non-profit sector. Analysing organizations in three contexts (Sheffield, England; Lyon, France; and Montreal, Quebec, Canada), the book examines the international differences between non-profits, evidenced by the way that they variously blend or assimilate the logics of the market, state and community, and how this shapes the motivations for and approaches to co-production at the micro level in each context. This book presents a major step forward in comparative non-profit studies and the co-production of public services. This book will be of interest to researchers, policymakers, practitioners, and graduate/ postgraduate students in public administration and management, particularly within Public & Nonprofit Management and Organization Studies. The book speaks directly to key contemporary debates in these fields, including the nature of organizational hybridity, public service innovation and approaches to service user involvement.
2. Co-production and the Third Sector
3. Hybridity, Institutional Logics and the Third Sector
4. Service Delivery Logic and Pragmatic Co-production in Sheffield
5. Social Solidarity Logic and Formalized Co-production in Lyon
6. Social Movement Logic and Citizen-led Co-production in Montreal
7. Non-profits, Institutional Logics and Co-production: A Conceptual Model
8. Conclusions and Implications for the Study of Non-profits and Co-production
"The empirical materials in this volume are presented in a clear and concise fashion, and its comparative approach is both consistent and comprehensive. In all, this is an impressive volume by a promising young scholar who undoubtedly will contribute additional scholarship that promotes a truly comparative study of the third sector and co-production." - Victor Pestoff, Professor Emeritus, Ersta Sköndal Bräcke University College
We offer free standard shipping on every order across the globe.
- Free Shipping (6-12 Business Days)