© 2011 – Routledge
Providing an objective assessment of the influence of parental involvement and what aspects of parental participation can best maximize the educational outcomes of students, this volume is structured to guide readers to a thorough understanding of the history, practice, theories, and impact of parental involvement. Cutting-edge research and meta-analyses offer vital insight into how different types of students benefit from parental engagement and what types of parental involvement help the most.
Unique among works on the topic, Parental Involvement and Academic Success:
Important reading for anyone involved in home-school relations/parental involvement in education, this book is highly relevant for courses devoted to or which include treatment of the topic.
1. The History of Parents Involvement as a Concept
2. The Development of Parental Involvement Research
3. Parental Involvement and Elementary School Achievement
4. Parental Involvement and Secondary School Achievement
5. Parental Involvement and Minority Student Achievement
6. Parental Involvement and Issues of Diversity
7. Parental Involvement Programs
8. Parental Involvement and Family Structure's Influence on Educational Outcomes
9. Does Parental Involvement Compensate for the Effects of Divorce (Or Single Parenthood)?
10. Success and Parental Involvement and What Can Be Done to Enhance Parental Involvement
11. What Do We Know and What Do We Still Need To Know?