Putting Teachers First
How to Inspire, Motivate, and Connect with Your Staff
In Putting Teachers First, author and speaker Brad Johnson offers tons of invaluable tips for building and maintaining strong, dynamic relationships with your teachers, leading to greater job satisfaction, lower turnover, and improved performance across the board. You’ll learn how to boost teacher morale and drive engagement by providing sincere feedback and recognition, creating incentives for teaching excellence, building trust between all faculty members, and more.
- The Importance of Teacher Satisfaction
- Motivating Your Teachers to Succeed
- Creating a Culture of Appreciation
- Learning to Become a Selfless Leader
- Inspiring Teachers to Remember Their Purpose
- Developing Your Emotional Intelligence
- Communicating and Connecting Effectively
- Building a Cohesive Team
- Celebrating Successes
Each chapter includes practical advice as well as inspiring stories and anecdotes to motivate you on your journey.
Table of Contents
1. The Importance of Teacher Satisfaction 2. Motivating Your Teachers to Succeed 3. Creating a Culture of Appreciation 4. Learning to Become a Selfless Leader 5. Inspiring Teachers to Remember Their Purpose 6. Developing Your Emotional Intelligence 7. Communicating and Connecting Effectively 8. Building a Cohesive Team 9. Celebrating Successes
Dr. Brad Johnson has over 20 years of experience as a teacher and administrator at the K–12 and collegiate level. He is a national speaker and author and is also on the national faculty for Concordia University School of Graduate Studies in Leadership. His other books include Learning On Your Feet: Incorporating Physical Activity into the K–8 Classroom and From School Administrator to School Leader: 15 Keys to Maximizing Your Leadership Potential.
"When the educational demands seem to be too great, it is a book like this that will instantly remind you as to WHY you got into education. You will never doubt the value you add and the gift you are as Dr. Johnson sparks every emotion as he shares the importance of taking care of you so you can take care of our students."--LaVonna Roth, Creator and Founder of Ignite Your S.H.I.N.E.®
"Brad Johnson gets it. He understands that the journey of becoming an effective school leader is inextricably linked with the process of understanding teachers, of connecting with teachers, and of supporting teachers. My own experience over the last 25 years validates the truth and wisdom found on every page of Putting Teachers First. The insights communicated by Johnson are invaluable for administrators who are committed to developing their own skill set as leaders."--Danny Steele, Principal, Speaker, Blogger at Steelethoughts.com, and Author of Essential Truths for Teachers with Todd Whitaker