Repair of Advanced Composites for Aerospace Applications
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after March 23, 2022
This book focusses on the theme of repairing polymer composites for critical components used in aerospace industries including the complexities of failure and repair of composites, type of fiber reinforcement and bonding and so forth. It includes special topics on damage assessment using onsite inspection (NDT and THz techniques) and automated repair processes for reliability and repeatability. This book also describes the characterization, modeling and simulation of the composites damage mechanisms with respect to the specific environment and applications. Failures associated with various composite repairing techniques for aerospace applications are also covered.
- Addresses the composites development process including, damage detection and repair of the composites for aerospace application.
- Covers research on the multi-scale process modelling, material modelling, self-healing, repairing and their analysis
- Concentrates on repair of composites for weight sensitive applications in automobile and aerospace areas
- Analyses materials processing and material design perspective
- Details composite joints, its failure, and operational of aircraft component under various environments
This book is aimed at researchers, professionals and graduate students in composites materials, manufacturing, aerospace engineering, advanced materials design and manufacturing, composite materials repair, and hybrid materials repair.
Table of Contents
1. A Review on Polymer Nanocomposites used in Aerospace. 2. A Review on Natural Fibre Reinforced Composite Under UV Concentration for Aircraft Application. 3. A Review on Advanced Polymer Composites used in Aerospace Application. 4. The Mechanical Properties of Kenaf/Jute Hybrid Composites in Different Angle of Orientation. 5. Dynamic Behaviour of Adhesively Bonded Structures in Aerospace Applications. 6. Introduction on Repair of Composites. 7. Adhesively Bonded Composite Joints in Aerospace Application. 8. Impact Testing of Graphene, Epoxy and Carbon Fiber Reinforced Coir Composites and Automatic Prediction of Graphene Composition Using ANN. 9. Failure of Composite Structure. 10. Low Temperature Effect on Deflection Behavior of a Cracked Laminated Glass Plate. 11. Damage Detection and Evaluation on Gamma Irradiated Oil Palm EFB/Kevlar Hybrid Composites Using NDT Methods. 12. Mechanical Behaviour of Sandwich Composites in Automotive Applications.
Mohamed Thariq Bin Haji Hameed Sultan specializes in the field of Hybrid Composites, Advance Materials, Structural Health Monitoring and Impact Studies. He is also a Professional Engineer (PEng) registered under the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) and he is also a Charted Engineer (CEng) registered with the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) United Kingdom.
M. Rajesh is currently working in the School of Mechanical Engineering at the Vellore Institute of Technology University, India. He specializes in the field of Hybrid Composites, Advance Materials, composite joint and its failure analysis.
K. Jayakrishna is an Associate professor in the School of Mechanical Engineering at the Vellore Institute of Technology University, India. Dr. Jayakrishna’s research is focused on bio-composites and management of manufacturing systems and supply chains to enhance efficiency, productivity and sustainability performance.