Mini-set J: Multi-cultural Education re-issues 8 volumes originally published between 1984 and 1994. The books in this mini-set:
- Look closely at widely held assumptions about ‘race’ and schooling in Britain, and evaluate the role of the school in a multi-ethnic society.
- Discuss the nature of staff development and how multicultural education is packaged in the USA
- Show how the education system itself can reinforce racist assumptions and behaviour in society
- Discuss how through educational and social reconstructing the education system can promote constructive cross-cultural relations.
- Examine the pitfalls in multicultural education.
- Chart the development and problems of second language education for minority groups in several countries.
Table of Contents
1. Education & the Social Construction of Race 2. Keepers of the American Dream. 3. Teaching About Race Relations. 4. Education, Racism and Reform. 5. Racial Inequality in Education. 6. Racism, Education and the State. 7. Race Relations and Cultural Differences. 8. The Ethnic Crucible
About the Series
Routledge Library Editions: Education consists of 244 volumes by some of the greatest educationalists, teaching professionals and policy makers of the twentieth century. The volumes are available in a set; in mini-sets themed by sub-discipline; or individually, in your choice of print or ebook.
BISAC Subject Codes/Headings:
- EDUCATION / General
- EDUCATION / Multicultural Education
- REFERENCE / General