Part of the Managing in the Early Years series, this book provides practical advice about management theory and practice. Tracking the career development of a nursery nurse into a managerial role, this book:
- Clearly identifies and explains the managerial roles of team leader, senior supervisor, deputy and manager
- Focuses on the sudden change that takes place as you transcend from colleague to boss
- Offers advice on what is expected from you as you move into a managerial role
- provides case-studies that challenge readers to develop their own views whilst learning about management theory
- gives Links to relevant Early Years management qualification frameworks and the NVQ and Btec National Diploma in the Early Years.
Easy to use and apply, this is a must-have for students, assessors, nursery nurses with an interest in career development into management and anyone working within a early-years environment in a managerial role.
'The text is set out with the reader in mind, with points being kept as brief as possible. For a person taking the step to becoming an early years manager, this would be a useful read.' - Nursery Education