Spotlight on Reading offers teachers a wide variety of topics and activities to stimulate, engage, challenge, entertain and extend all pupils’ reading skills.
This extremely practical resource provides busy teachers and teaching assistants with a collection of worksheets that can be used as instant, educationally appropriate learning activities written specifically with the inclusive classroom in mind.
The wide variety of exercises will enable pupils to understand and work on phonics and to improve their reading comprehension rehearsed reading.
All the books in this series:
- Promote effective intervention and inclusion strategies for teachers and teaching assistants
- Provide materials that are solidly grounded in an understanding of how children learn and the particular difficulties of children with special needs.
- Stimulate discussion and interaction
- Can be used as part of an individual or small group learning programme for a child with special needs
- Provide 'whole class' materials that can also engage older children or those with a higher level of achievement
- Offer teachers quick, fun activities that never require additional resources, special materials or preparation.
Spotlight on Reading is an essential tool for any teacher striving to offer every pupil opportunities to maximise their own potential and develop strong reading skills
Table of Contents
@contents: Selected Contents: 1 Introduction 2 Phonics 3 Whole Words 4 Reading Comprehension 5 Rehearsed Reading
Glynis Hannell was a classroom and special education teacher before becoming an educational psychologist in private practice, and a lecturer in educational psychology at the University of South Australia.