Spotlight on Spelling
A Teacher's Toolkit of Instant Spelling Activities
Spotlight on Spelling offers teachers a wide variety of topics and activities to stimulate, engage, challenge, entertain and extend all pupils’ spelling skills.
This extremely practical resource provides busy teachers and teaching assistants with a collection of worksheets that can be used as instant, educationally appropriate learning activities written specifically with the inclusive classroom in mind.
The wide variety of exercises will enable pupils to work on letters, sounds and tough words and help them to improve their phonological awareness.
All the books in this series:
- Promote effective intervention and inclusion strategies for teachers and teaching assistants
- Provide materials that are solidly grounded in an understanding of how children learn and the particular difficulties of children with special needs.
- Stimulate discussion and interaction
- Can be used as part of an individual or small group learning programme for a child with special needs
- Provide 'whole class' materials that can also engage older children or those with a higher level of achievement
- Offer teachers quick, fun activities that never require additional resources, special materials or preparation.
Spotlight on Spelling is an essential tool for any teacher striving to offer every pupil opportunities to maximise their own potential and develop strong spelling skills.
Table of Contents
Selected Contents: 1. Introduction 2. Phonological Awareness 3. Letters and Sounds 4. Tough Words 5. Mixed Challenges
Glynis Hannell was a classroom and special education teacher before becoming an educational psychologist in private practice, and a lecturer in educational psychology at the University of South Australia.