This is a practical guide to studying more effectively at first and higher degree levels. Primarily for students looking for more than just a basic study skills book, it blends practical ideas with sound principles to offer a readily accessible, handy guide.
This third edition includes a new chapter on distance learning and updated chapters about online and computer-based learning, in addition to essential advice on:
- personal survival in the university setting
- developing a good learning attitude
- using ebooks, online searcher and electronic media
- time management, deadlines and task management
- essay technique and writing your dissertation
- small-group and seminar study.
Packed with useful information and guidance, this is an indispensable read for any student in higher education.
Table of Contents
1. Getting Started and Keeping Going 2. A Standard Approach to Organisation 3. Alternative Forms of Writing 4. Style 5. Editing 6. Collaborative Writing 7. Writing for Publication
Rob Barnes is Senior Lecturer in Education at the University of East Anglia