Teamwork Plain and Simple: 5 Key Ingredients to Team Success in Schools
- Available for pre-order on April 21, 2023. Item will ship after May 12, 2023
Prices & shipping based on shipping country
What are the necessary ingredients which make a team of staff in schools successful? How can teamwork in schools be improved? In what ways does effective teamwork in schools result in more efficiency, more enjoyment, and more success? Teamwork Plain and Simple provides the answers to these questions, offering a fresh perspective on how teachers and school leaders can implement effective teamwork in schools.
Rooted in three decades of teaching and school leadership experience and drawing on his ground-breaking research through this essential text, Dr Michael Harpham identifies the 5 key ingredients that support effective teamwork in schools and offers over 40 situation-driven strategies to help you lead and develop your team. The chapters cover:
- Expectations of working and progressing as a team
- Team communication and interaction
- Team behaviours and building relationships
- Organisational infrastructure and team functionality
- Capacity and growing your team
Including a user-friendly audit to evaluate the efficacy of your team, as well as useful tips and practical case studies, this guide is a crucial read for any teacher or school leader who wishes to improve their organisation’s teamwork.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction; 2. Defining teamwork; 3. The 5 key ingredients of effective teamwork; 4. Key ingredient 1: team expectations – clarifying team progress; 5. Key ingredient 2: team interactions – securing team connectivity; 6. Key ingredient 3: team behaviours – building team relationships; 7. Key ingredient 4: organisational infrastructures – ensuring team functionality; 8. Key ingredient 5: team capacity – developing team growth; 9. Emerging factors from research influencing effective teamwork: An A-Z; 10. Concluding thoughts
Dr Michael Harpham is a headteacher, author, educational consultant and Fellow of the Chartered College of Teaching. He is also Director of School Leader Development Ltd, a consultancy that specialises in training and coaching for school leaders and their teams. He is the author of Progress Plain and Simple: What every teacher needs to know about improving pupil progress (2020) and The School Leader’s Year (2021).