Teamwork Plain and Simple: 5 Key Ingredients to Team Success in Schools
What are the necessary ingredients which make a team of staff in schools successful? How can teamwork in schools be improved? In what ways does effective teamwork in schools result in more efficiency, more enjoyment, and more success? Teamwork Plain and Simple provides the answers to these questions, offering a fresh perspective on how teachers and school leaders can implement effective teamwork in schools.
Rooted in three decades of teaching and school leadership experience and drawing on his ground-breaking research through this essential text, Dr Michael Harpham identifies the five key ingredients that support effective teamwork in schools and offers over 40 situation-driven strategies to help you lead and develop your team. The chapters cover:
- Expectations of working and progressing as a team
- Team communication and interaction
- Team behaviours and building relationships
- Organisational infrastructure and team functionality
- Capacity and growing your team
Including a user-friendly audit to evaluate the efficacy of your team, as well as useful tips and practical case studies, this guide is a crucial read for any teacher or school leader who wishes to improve their organisation’s teamwork.
1. Introduction; 2. Defining teamwork; 3. The five key ingredients of effective teamwork; 4. Key ingredient one: clear expectations – clarifying team progress; 5. Key ingredient two: team interactions – securing team connectivity; 6. Key ingredient three: team behaviours – building team relationships; 7. Key ingredient four: infrastructures – ensuring team functionality; 8. Key ingredient five: team capacity – developing team growth; 9. Emerging factors from research influencing effective teamwork; 10. Concluding thoughts