Technology Innovation Models, Dynamics, and Processes
Technology Innovation discusses the fundamental aspects of processes and structures of technology innovation. It offers a new perspective concerning fundamentals aspects not directly involved in the complex relations existing between technology and the socio-economic system.
By considering technology and its innovation from a scientific point of view, the book presents a novel definition of technology as a set of physical, chemical and biological phenomena, producing an effect exploitable for human purposes. Expanding on the general model of technology innovation by linking the model of technology, based on a structure of technological operations, with the models of the structures for technology innovation, based on organization of fluxes of knowledge and capitals, the book considers various technological processes and the stages of the innovation process.
- Explains a novel definition of technology as a set of physical, chemical and biological phenomena producing an effect exploitable for human purposes
- Discusses technology innovation as result of structures organizing fluxes of knowledge and capitals
- Provides a technology model simulating the functioning of technology with its optimization
- Presents a technology innovation model explaining the territorial technology innovation process
- Offers a perspective on the evolution of technology in the frame of an industrial platform network
The book is intended for academics, graduate students and technology developers who are involved in operations management and research, innovation and technology development.