The College Instructor’s Guide to Writing Test Items: Measuring Student Learning addresses the need for direct and clear guidance on item writing for assessing broad ranges of content in many fields. By focusing on multiple-choice response items, this book provides college instructors the tools to understand, develop, and use assessment activities in classrooms in a way that consistently supports learning. Including dozens of example items and additional resources to support the item development process, this volume is unique in its practical-focus, and is essential reading for instructors and soon-to-be educators, professional development specialists, and higher education researchers. As teaching, assessment, and learning are inherently intertwined, The College Instructor’s Guide to Writing Test Items both facilitates the development of instructors’ own practice and improves the learning outcomes and success of students.
- The Role of Testing in the College Classroom
- The Role of Learning Objectives
- Planning the Quiz or Test
- Writing MC Items
- Getting Practice and Feedback Online
- Example Items from Various Fields
- Using Test Results to Improve Item Writing, Teaching, & Learning