This new volume addresses the growing interest to understand tourism and hospitality in Southeast and South Asia, two regions that have seen tremendous growth in international tourists in recent years. It explores the current development of hospitality and tourism industry in the regions of Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan as well as other key countries in Southeast and South Asia.
The Hospitality and Tourism Industry in ASEAN and East Asian Destinations: New Growth, Trends, and Developments provides updated findings and case studies that highlight opportunities and issues of tourism and hospitality development in ASEAN. Chapters cover such diverse topics as:
- Online marketing strategies
- Sustainable hospitality development
- Diversification efforts of the tourism industry
- Innovations in independent hotels
- Wildlife tourism in urban destinations
- The Vietnamese national park system
- Consumers’ positive and negative images of certain destinations
- Much more
While academicians will benefit from the updated research findings summarized by the respected scholars, hospitality professionals will also find the book a valuable source of information as the chapters delve into the most recent topical and industry focused issues.
Table of Contents
1. Tourism and Hospitality in Southeast Asia: Capturing Customers Online
Kirti Dutta and H. G. Parsa
2. What Are the Opportunities and Challenges to Hong Kong in the Development of the Greater Bay Area?
3. Stakeholder Engagement in Making Macau a Sustainable Tourism Destination
Danqing Liu and Jinlin Zhao
4. Diversification of Macao’s Tourism Development: A Review
Xiangping Li and Lianping Ren
5. The Bed and Breakfast Industry in Taiwan
Frank C. Tsai and Hung-Sheng (Herman) Lai
6. Desitnation Images of Thailand: Current and Future Development
Yodmanee Tepanon, Wanlanai Saiprasert, and Pimtong Tavitiyaman
7. Innovation Exertions in the Thai Hotel Industry
Nate-Tra Dhevabanchachai, Henry Tsai, and Kaewta Muangasame
8. The Development of the Vietnamese Park System: Management Model and Carrying Capacity
Tuan Phong Ly, and Thi Hong Hai Nguyen
9. Sustainable Tourism and Community Development in Malaysia
Neethiahanathan Ari Ragavan and Puvaneswaran Kunasekaran
10. Development and Innovations of the Hotel and Air Transport Industry in Singapore
Zhaoping (George) Liu and Eliver Cheuk Ki Lin
11. Wildlife Tourism in Urban Destinations: Singapore’s Urban Otters and “Biodivercity” Story
12. Philippine Tourism Vis-À-Vis Asean: A Review of Key Issues
Leonardo (Don) A. N. Dioko
13. A Portrait of Indonesia Tourism: Present and Future
14. Hotel Managers’ Views about Trade Unions: A Tale of Continuity and Change in Nepal
Jinlin Zhao, PhD, is a Professor, Director of Graduate Program and Director of Asia and Pacific Development, Chaplin School of Hospitality and Tourism Management, Florida International University, Miami, Florida, USA.
Lianping (Eve) Ren, D.HTM, is an Assistant Professor and the Academic Coordinator for the Tourism Retail and Marketing Management Program (which also oversees business management subjects) at the Macao Institute for Tourism Studies.
Xiangping Li, PhD, is an Assistant Professor at the Macao Institute for Tourism Studies.