The Intertext series has been specifically designed to meet the needs of contemporary English Language Studies. Working with Texts: A Core Introduction to Language Analysis (second edition, 2001) is the foundation text, which is complemented by a range of 'satellite' titles. These provide students with hands-on practical experience of textual analysis through special topics and can be used individually or in conjunction with Working with Texts.
The Language of Children:
- introduces the key theories of language acquisition and provides a historical overview of the subject
- looks at all the ways children learn to communicate, from writing and talking to playing and using computers
- includes a wide variety of real texts and data, from records of childrens first words to children's hand-written stories and emails
- explores the language of children from a range of backgrounds and abilities, including deaf and bilingual children
- is user-friendly and accessible, and provides a full glossary.