The Public Policy Primer Managing the Policy Process
Fully revised for a second edition, this essential guide provides a concise and accessible overview of the public policy process: agenda-setting, policy formulation, decision-making, implementation, and evaluation.
The book provides an introduction to the key policy functions, the challenges they entail, and how the challenges may be addressed by policy actors. Written from a comparative perspective, the authors include examples from a diverse range of countries at different stages of development, highlighting key principles and practices through which policy actors can effectively manage their policy processes and outcomes.
Key features of the second edition:
- fully updated and revised content throughout;
- expanded references and further reading;
- more guidance towards understanding the key concepts in public policy.
This important tool offers students of public policy and policy practitioners guidance on how to make, implement, and evaluate public policies in ways that improve citizens' lives.
1. Introduction: managing the policy process
3. Policy formulation
5. Policy implementation
6. Policy evaluation
7. Conclusion: influencing the policy process