This book is a practical guide to help primary school staff initiate, or further develop monitoring procedures for both the school curriculum and management. It shows how all members of staff can be involved in monitoring so that it becomes an integral feature of school development and improvement.
Specific areas focused on include:
* developing a quality control framework
* the importance of a whole-school approach to policy making
* developing a school-wide system to monitor plans
* observing and promoting differentiation in the classroom
* the role LEAs must play in monitoring school effectiveness
'For any school wanting to introduce or update their monitoring strategies this book would be a useful guide and handbook' - Managing Schools Today