The Sky Fox For Children With Feelings Of Loneliness
This beautifully illustrated and sensitive fairy tale has been created for children experiencing feelings of loneliness and social isolation. With engaging and gentle illustrations to help prompt conversation, it tells the story of a young girl encouraged by an animal-guide to feel more confident in herself, using nature as a support. This book is available to buy as part of the Therapeutic Fairy Tales, Volume 2 set, which includes The Waves and Into The Forest.
Therapeutic Fairy Tales Volume 1 (2021) and V olume 2 are both a series of short, modern tales dedicated to exploring challenging feelings and life situations that might be faced by young children. Each fairy tale is designed to be used by parents, caregivers and professionals as they use stories therapeutically to support children’s mental and emotional health.
Other books in the series include:
● The Waves: For Children Living With OCD
● Into The Forest: For Children With Feelings Of Anxiety
● The Night Crossing: A Lullaby For Children On Life's Last Journey
● The Storm: For Children Growing Through Parent’s Separation
● The Island: For Children With A Parent Living With Depression
● Storybook Manual: An Introduction To Working With Storybooks Therapeutically And Creatively
The Sky Fox – part of the Therapeutic Fairy Tales series – is born out of a creative collaboration between Pia Jones and Sarah Pimenta.
"Told with delicate sensitivity, The Sky Fox is a profoundly relatable story about the magic of the imagination and the infinite comfort that can be found in the natural world, when we look close enough. Through the use of colourful, vibrant imagery, illustrating the beauty that surrounds us, Pia and Sarah take us on an unforgettable journey."
– Melanie Hering, Community Arts Facilitator
"The Sky Fox is a beautiful story, sensitive and gentle, with wonderful illustrations. It guides us through a reconnection with our instinctual selves, so we can feel part of the world."
– Molly Wolfe, Art Psychotherapist, Sandplay Specialist
"Learning to be calm and ‘in the moment’ when experiencing difficult feelings such as loneliness, sadness, worry or fear is a really important core life skill that helps us cope with everyday ups and downs as well as with more stressful situations. This set of three therapeutic fairy stories cleverly explains how we can learn to do this through connecting with nature. A truly wonderful set of resources – of value to us all and in particular to those with emotional or mental health difficulties."
– Sarah Temple, GP and author www.allemotionsareok.co.uk