Understanding Trust in Organizations A Multilevel Perspective
Understanding Trust in Organizations: A Multilevel Perspective examines trust within organizations from a multilevel perspective, bringing together internationally renowned trust scholars to advance our understanding of how trust is affected by both macro and micro forces, such as those operating at the societal, institutional, network, organizational, team, and individual levels.
Understanding Trust in Organizations synthesizes and promotes new scholarly work examining the emergence and embeddedness of multilevel trust within organizations. It provides a much-needed integration and novel conceptual advances regarding the dynamic interplay between micro and macro levels that influence trust. This volume brings new insights into how trust in groups, networks, and organizations forms, and why employees can differ in their trust in leaders and teams.
Providing rich and nuanced insights into how to develop, maintain, and restore trust in the workplace, Understanding Trust in Organizations is a critical resource for scholars, graduate students, and researchers of industrial and organizational psychology, as well as practitioners in fields such as human resource management and strategic management.
Chapter 8 of this book is freely available as a downloadable Open Access PDF at http://www.taylorfrancis.com under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-No Derivatives (CC-BY-NC-ND) 4.0 license.
Section 1: Introduction
- A Multilevel Perspective on Organizational Trust
Nicole Gillespie, Ashley Fulmer, & Roy Lewicki
- Trust Conceptualizations Across Levels of Analysis
Ashley Fulmer & Cheri Ostroff
- Divergence in Collective Trust
Audrey Korsgaard & Paul Bliese
- The Relationship Between Trust and Attributions: A Levels of Analysis Perspective
Edward Tomlinson & Luke Langlinais
- Cascading Influences and Contextualized Effects: A Model of Multilevel Control-Trust Dynamics
- Trust Me or Us? A Multilevel Model of Individual and Team Felt Trust by Supervisors
Julie Zhu, Dora Lau, & Long (Rico) Lam
- Trust Repair: A Multilevel Framework
Nicole Gillespie, Steve Lockey, Matthew Hornsey, & Tyler Okimoto
- Network Trust
Bill McEvily, Akbar (Aks) Zaheer, & Guiseppe (Beppe) Soda
- The Tangled Ties of Trust: A Social Network Perspective on Interpersonal Trust
Stephen Jones & Priti (Pri) Shah
- Multilevel Theorizing of How Gender Influences Trust and Creativity
Hye Jung Eun, Roy Chua, & Mengzi Jin
- Multilevel Trust in Uncertain Contexts: ODID You Hear We Have a New VP?
Roger Mayer & Michele Williams
- Multilevel Trust and HRM
Rosalind Searle & Rami Al-Sharif
- Trust Cues in Artificial Intelligence: A Multilevel Case Study in a Service Organization
Lisa van der Werff, Kirsimarja Blomqvist, & Sirpa Koskinen
- Employee Trust in Organizations Across Cultures: A Multilevel Model
Arzu Wasti & Çetin Önder
- Multilevel Trust: Reflections, Insights, and a Future Research Agenda
Guido Möllering, Nicole Gillespie, & Roy Lewicki
Section 2: Multilevel trust processes and dynamics
Section 3: Embedding trust in organizations
Section 4: Conclusion and Way Forward