233 pages | 13 B/W Illus.
This innovative, practical guide introduces researchers to the use of the video reflexive ethnography in health and health services research. This methodology has enjoyed increasing popularity among researchers internationally and has been inspired by developments across a range of disciplines: ethnography, visual and applied anthropology, medical sociology, health services research, medical and nursing education, adult education, community development, and qualitative research ethics.
List of vignettes
List of figures
List of tables
1. The theoretical background of video-reflexive ethnography
2. Preparing for fieldwork and collaborative data construction
3. Recruiting VRE participants
4. Videoing and analyzing practices
5. Preparing reflexive sessions
6. Conducting reflexive sessions
7. Evaluating VRE achievements
8. Publishing VRE studies
9. Tying the principal strands of the book together
Appendix A: Examples of funded VRE projects
Appendix B: VRE and ethics