Teachers who want to cut lesson planning time should welcome this series. The new editions are revised in line with the new literacy framework and bring you new models. Writing Models aims to help teachers cover every sort of writing type they need; fine tune lessons by following key teaching points for each model; and deliver the new literacy units to pupils of varying ability using different versions of the same model.
Each book in the series gives you:
- A bank of easy-to-use, photocopiable models for writing covering poetry, narrative and non-fiction
- Key teaching points for each model
- Simpler and harder examples for differentiation
The newly revised second edition for Year 4 has been fully updated and restructured in line to deliver new units from the new framework and includes new writing models. Lesson planning has never been easier!
The second edition of Writing Models Year 4 contains:
- Stories with historical settings; Stories from other cultures (new) and Stories that raise issues & dilemmas (new)
- Poems to explore form and Performance poems (new)
- Stories set in imaginary worlds and Plays (new)
- Newspaper reports (new); ICT-texts (new) and Persuasive writing including a model based on a DVD (new)
Table of Contents
Introduction Poetry Models Narrative Models Non-Fiction models Teachers' notes
Pie Corbett, freelance writer and poet. He has authored the Poetry Progression in the new Literacy Framework, worked as an English Inspector in Gloucestershire, as an OFSTED Inspector, and has run training nationally for the NLS.