Krishna Bista is an Associate Professor in the Department of Advanced Studies, Leadership and Policy at Morgan State University, Maryland (USA). His research focuses on college student experiences related to classroom participation, perceptions of academic integrity, faculty-student relationships, the role of advisors, and cross-cultural teaching and learning strategies in higher education. Previously, Dr. Bista served as the director of Global Education at the University of Louisiana at Monroe, where he was Chase Endowed Professor of Education in the School of Education. Dr. Bista is founding editor of the Journal of International Students, a quarterly publication in international education. He is also associate editor of the Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies in Education. He has reviewed serval book projects related to educational research, international and comparative education series for Routledge, Sage, Palgrave MacMillan, and Bloomsbury publications.
Areas of Research / Professional Expertise
● Doctoral dissertation practices in higher education: Voices of students and faculty
● Internalization of the curriculum at HBCUs
● Keeping the promise: Understanding student success in free community colleges
● Comparative perspectives on minority and international student experiences
● Using data to make critical choices: How teachers and principals use data in schools