© 2004 – Routledge
Management: The Basics provides an easy, jargon-free introduction to the fundamental principles and practices of modern management. Using examples ranging from people management at Cadbury and the Enron crisis to the marketing of fried chicken in China, it explains key aspects of management, including:
* planning effective business strategy to meet goals
* how successful marketing works
* how organizations are structured and function
* how to understand corporate finance
* what affects how people work and effective human resources management
* the importance of knowledge and culture.
This informative and accessible guide is ideal for anyone who wants to understand what management is and how it works.
1. Introduction 2. Strategy 3. Organization 4. Human Resources 5. Marketing 6. Production 7. Finance 8. Knowledge 9. Culture 10. The Manager
The Basics is a highly successful series of accessible guidebooks which provide an overview of the fundamental principles of a subject area in a jargon-free and undaunting format.
Intended for students approaching a subject for the first time, the books both introduce the essentials of a subject and provide an ideal springboard for further study. With over 50 titles spanning subjects from Artificial Intelligence to Women’s Studies, The Basics are an ideal starting point for students seeking to understand a subject area.
Each text comes with recommendations for further study and gradually introduces the complexities and nuances within a subject.