The book explores the pedagogical potential of autobiographical writing in English-as-a-foreign language, approaching the topic from an educational, longitudinal, dialogical, and social perspective. Through a number of case studies, the author delineates four phases that EFL writers may experience in their identity construction processes, illustrating the complexity of EFL writers’ social identities. This book will provide a valuable resource for language teachers and researchers interested in the pedagogical applications of autobiographical writing.
2. Contexualizing Autobiographical Writing and Identity Work
3. Researching Autobiographical Writing and Identity Work across Languages
4. Abby: "A Butterfly Has No Soul"
5. Matt: "The Smile Became Special"
6. Beth: "A Wonderful Book"
7. Anne: "A Small Clean Warm Plastic"
8. Comparisons Across the Four Case Studies