With the acceptance of CSR and Sustainability as important business performance indicators, it is timely now to assess the impact that leadership has on the development of these processes. CSR, Sustainability, and Leadership seeks to explore the integration of these three elements through an examination of concerns and trends in contemporary organisations. The authors discuss empirical and theoretical studies which focus on processes and practices which inform the field.
Organisations wish not only to participate in responsible behaviour, but also actively lead within their local environments. However, businesses are failing in their execution of CSR because of ineffective leadership. Business leaders are central to an organisation’s purpose in the world and this book will inform a robust discussion about social issues which are pressing to scholars, policymakers, not-for-profit organisations and students.
Table of Contents
Section A: Leading for Sustainability
1. Introduction: Leading for Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability
Gabriel Eweje and Ralph J Bathurst
2. Sustainability Leadership: It’s Not about Heroes
Peter McGhee and Patricia Grant
3. Responsible Leadership in Times of Change: Champions from the Arab Region
Dima Jamali, Nadine Mohanna and Hagop Panossian
4. The Role of Leadership in Leading Organizations towards Sustainability: An Organizational Learning Perspective
Minyu Wu and Angela Ma
5. Decision-Making as Sustainable Leadership: The Garbage Can Revisited
Dianne Bolton and Terry Landells
6. Evaluating CSR, Sustainability and Sourcing Within the UK Supermarket Industry: The Case of Waitrose/John Lewis Partnership
Ralph Tench and Martina Topić
7. Corporate Social Responsibility and Leadership Style
Fatemeh Hakimian, Hadi Farid, and Mohd Nazari Ismail
Section B: Global Challenges and Concerns
8. Practicing Corporate Social Responsibility
Loi Teck Hui
9. Environmental Social and Governance Reporting: A Case Study of the Australian Mining Sector
Kumudini Heenetigala, Anona Armstrong, Chitra Desilva Lokuwaduge, and Amali Ediriweera
10. A Study of Strategic CSR and BOP Business Practice: From the Perspective of Organizational Sustainability
11. Constructive Consumption: Corporate Leadership in Bridging Livelihoods and Conservation in Democratic Societies
Saleem Ali and Mirza Sadaqat Huda
12. The Louis Vuitton Foundation: The Gift of a CSR Leader and Art Lover to the World
13. Conclusion: Leading Responsibly and Sustainably
Ralph J Bathurst and Gabriel Eweje
Gabriel Eweje is Associate Professor and Director, Sustainability & CSR Research Group at School of Management, Massey Business School, Massey University, New Zealand.
Ralph J Bathurst is Senior Lecturer at the School of Management, Massey Business School, Massey University, New Zealand.