Healthcare informatics is concerned with the application of computer science principles, information science principles, information technology, and communication technology to address problems in healthcare and everyday wellness. This new book series serves as a publication venue for innovative technical contributions in healthcare informatics, highlighting end-to-end applications, systems, and technologies.
The series will focus on the three major tracks in healthcare informatics: (1) Systems Track focuses on building healthcare informatics systems (e.g., architecture, framework, design, engineering, and application); (2) Analytics Track focuses on data analytics; and (3) Human Factors Track focuses on understanding users or context, interface design, and user studies of healthcare informatics applications.
We are looking for a broad range of textbooks, references, and handbooks in the following areas:
• Healthcare software architecture, framework, design, and engineering
• Electronic health records
• Medical data mining
• Medical information retrieval
• Medical natural language processing
• Healthcare information systems
• Smart health and well-being
• Social media
• Mobile healthcare
• Medical signal processing
• Human factors in healthcare
• Usability studies in healthcare
• User-interface design for medical devices and healthcare software
• Health service delivery
• Health games
• Security and privacy in healthcare
• Medical recommender systems
• Healthcare workflow management
• Disease profiling and personalized treatment
• Visualization of medical data
• Intelligent medical devices and sensors
• RFID solutions for healthcare
• Healthcare decision analytics and support systems
• Epidemiological surveillance systems and intervention modeling
• Consumer and clinician health information needs
• Semantic Web, linked data, and ontology
• Collaboration technologies for healthcare
• Assistive and adaptive ubiquitous computing technologies
• Statistics and quality of medical data
• Healthcare delivery in developing countries
• Health systems modeling and simulation
• Computer-aided diagnosis
If you are interested in writing or editing a book for the series or would like more information, please contact, Randi Cohen, [email protected] or contact Series Editor, Christopher Yang, [email protected]
Edited By Ayman El-Baz, Jasjit S. Suri
August 04, 2021
Machine Learning in Medicine covers the state-of-the-art techniques of machine learning and their applications in the medical field. It presents several computer-aided diagnosis (CAD) systems, which have played an important role in the diagnosis of several diseases in the past decade, e.g., cancer ...
Edited By Hulin Wu, Jose Miguel Yamal, Ashraf Yaseen, Vahed Maroufy
December 16, 2020
The use of Electronic Health Records (EHR)/Electronic Medical Records (EMR) data is becoming more prevalent for research. However, analysis of this type of data has many unique complications due to how they are collected, processed and types of questions that can be answered. This book covers many ...
By Catherine Arnott Smith, Alla Keselman
December 14, 2020
"An engaging introduction to an exciting multidisciplinary field where positive impact depends less on technology than on understanding and responding to human motivations, specific information needs, and life constraints." -- Betsy L. Humphreys, former Deputy Director, National Library of Medicine...
Edited By Carlo Combi, Giuseppe Pozzi, Pierangelo Veltri
October 31, 2017
From the Foreword: "[This book] provides a comprehensive overview of the fundamental concepts in healthcare process management as well as some advanced topics in the cutting-edge research of the closely related areas. This book is ideal for graduate students and practitioners who want to build the ...