Issues in Art and Design Teaching draws together a range of pedagogical and ethical issues for trainee and newly qualified teachers of art and design, and their mentors in art and design education. Arguing for a critical approach to the art and design curriculum, the collection encourages students and teachers to consider and reflect on issues in order that they can make reasoned and informed judgments about their teaching of art and design.
Among the key issues addressed include:
- challenging orthodoxies and exploring contemporary practices
- measuring artistic performance
- art history and multicultural education
- research in art and design education
- transitions in art and design education: primary/secondary and secondary/tertiary
- the role of art and design in citizenship education.