This book presents a card game to enable people to become more aware of their feelings. For adults and children; With individuals or in small groups, home, school (eg circle time, learning support), therapy; Adaptable: 5 min ice breaker to 6 separate workshop sessions; and it can be played with a dice Covers a range of feelings, for example angry, jealous, calm, disappointed, overwhelmed, proud, frustrated. The cards are in 6 sections: 1. Give an example of when you felt? 2. Situation cards. How would you feel if.? 3. You are feeling...How would you show it? 4. Dealing with different emotions. 5. Helping friends to deal with different feelings. 6. Other people's feelings.
Table of Contents
Let s Talk: Feelings is a card game to enable people to become more aware of their feelings.
It is an adaptable resource, designed for use as a 5-minute ice breaker, in a one-hour discussion, or in a series of more detailed workshop sessions.
It covers a range of feelings, for example: angry, jealous, calm, disappointed, overwhelmed, proud, nervous, frustrated, uncomfortable, curious, left out, loving.
The cards are presented in 6 sections:
- Give an example of when you felt...?
- How would you feel if...? (for example, if all your friends were invited to a party and you weren t, or if you get the blame for something you did not do)
- You are feeling...? How would you show it?
- Dealing with different emotions
- Helping friends to deal with different feelings
- Other people s feelings (e.g. You boast about your achievements. How might the other person feel?; You ask for help from a friend even though you know they are busy. How might they feel?).
Let s Talk: Feelings can be used:
With adults and children
With individuals or in small groups
At home, school (e.g. circle time, learning support), in therapy settings