Developing and executing marketing strategies is a vital aspect of any business and few books currently cover this with relation to creative industries. This textbook provides students and managers in the creative industries with a solid grounding in how to maximize the impact of their marketing efforts across a range of business types in the creative and cultural industries.
The author, an experienced cultural marketing educator, provides sector-contextual understanding to illuminate the field by:
• taking a strategic approach to developing marketing plans;
• bringing together strategic planning, market research, goal setting, and marketing theory and practice;
• explaining how content marketing on social media encourages a relationship with consumers so that they co-promote the creative product.
With a range of learning exercises and real-life examples throughout, this text shows students how to create successful marketing plans for their creative businesses. This refreshed edition is a valuable resource for students and tutors of creative, cultural and arts marketing worldwide.
Table of Contents
1. Marketing Strategy in a Social Media Age
2. Planning Marketing Strategically
3. Analyzing Internal Resources and External Forces
4. Researching Current and Potential Customers
5. Establishing Strategic Goals
6. Understanding Consumer Motivation and Segmentation
7. Discovering Product Benefits
8. Determining the Product Price
9. Distributing the Product to the Consumer
10. Creating Marketing Media
11. Using Owned Media to Gain Earned Media
12. Implementing the Marketing Plan
Bonita M. Kolb is Professor Emeritus of Business at Lycoming College, USA.
Praise for the previous edition:
'Dr. Kolb has lead the development of educational tools to support the cultural and creative industries. This book is essential reading for the classroom, as well as for incubators and entrepreneurs. It puts marketing strategy at the center stage of any successful venture in the CCI and provides a precise roadmap to achieve it.' -- Javier Hernández-Acosta, Professor, Universidad del Sagrado Corazón and Consultant for cultural and creative industries, Puerto Rico
'Up to date, excellent and timely, this text uniquely addresses the development of marketing plans for companies from within the creative and cultural sector. The book is full of teaching aids with a structure to encourage integrated practice and theoretical learning. I strongly recommend this book for all students in the field of creative business.' -- Paul M.W. Hackett, Faculty, Emerson College, USA
'The field of arts marketing is a hugely important area for constructing knowledge about the arts. With this practical guide to understanding the application of marketing in the arts, Bonita Kolb makes a significant contribution to this field.' -- Peter Zackariasson, Associate Professor, University of Gothenburg, Sweden