Polymer-Based Composites Design, Manufacturing, and Applications
The increasing use of composite materials over conventional materials has been a continual trend for over a decade. While the fundamental understanding of fiber reinforcement has not changed, many new material advancements have occurred, especially in manufacturing methods, and there is an ever-growing number of composite material applications across various industries. Polymer-Based Composites: Design, Manufacturing, and Applications presents the concepts and methods involved in the development of various fiber-reinforced composite materials.
- Offers a comprehensive view of materials, mechanics, processing, design, and applications
- Bridges the gap between research, manufacturing science, and analysis and design
- Discusses composite materials composed of continuous synthetic fibers and matrices for use in engineering structures
- Presents codes and standards related to fiber-reinforced polymer composites
- Includes case studies and examples based on industrial, automotive, aerospace, and household applications
This book is a valuable resource for advanced students, researchers, and industry personnel to understand recent advances in the field and achieve practical results in the development, manufacture, and application of advanced composite materials.