The increasing use of composite materials over conventional materials has been a continual trend for over a decade. While the fundamental understanding of fiber reinforcement has not changed, many new material advancements have occurred, especially in manufacturing methods, and there is an ever-growing number of composite material applications across various industries. Polymer-Based Composites: Design, Manufacturing, and Applications presents the concepts and methods involved in the development of various fiber-reinforced composite materials.
- Offers a comprehensive view of materials, mechanics, processing, design, and applications
- Bridges the gap between research, manufacturing science, and analysis and design
- Discusses composite materials composed of continuous synthetic fibers and matrices for use in engineering structures
- Presents codes and standards related to fiber-reinforced polymer composites
- Includes case studies and examples based on industrial, automotive, aerospace, and household applications
This book is a valuable resource for advanced students, researchers, and industry personnel to understand recent advances in the field and achieve practical results in the development, manufacture, and application of advanced composite materials.
Table of Contents
1. History of Composites and Polymers. 2. Natural Fiber-Reinforced Polymer Composites. 3. Design of Polymer-Based Composites. 4. Design of Polymer Hybrid Composites. 5. Biocomposites Based on Polymers. 6. Polymer Nanocomposites: Polymer Composites: Design, Manufacturing, and Applications. 7. Analysis of Various Parameters on Polymer Matrix Composites. 8. Tribo Performance Analysis on Polymer-Based Composites. 9. Failure Analysis of Polymer-Based Composites. 10. Applications of Various Types of Polymer-Based Composites
V. Arumugaprabu is Deputy Director (IQAC & CLT) and Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Kalasalingam Academy of Research and Education.
R. Deepak Joel Johnson is Assistant Professor, Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences.
M. Uthayakumar is Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Kalasalingam Academy of Research and Education.
P. Sivaranjana is Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, Kalasalingam Academy of Research and Education.