This book covers the importance of post-harvest technology in horticultural crops, fruit growth, development and post harvest physiology, fruit maturity indices, harvesting of fruits and vegetables, initial handling of fruits and vegetable after harvesting, precooling of horticulture produce, transportation, etc.. It is a rich source of modern engineering technologies for income generating concept for agro based industries. The book is specially dedicated to the sub sector of the fruits and vegetables plants dealing with the fresh primary product from the product reception following the harvesting up-to the storage and before launches it to the market. This book will serves as a comprehensive guide for all the people who focuses on post harvest management skills.
Note: T&F does not sell or distribute the hardback in India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.
1. Importance of Horticultural Crop Production
2. Importance of Postharvest Technology in Horticultural Crops
3. Fruit Growth, Development and Postharvest Physiology
4. Fruit Maturity Indices
5. Harvesting of Fruits and Vegetables
6. Initial Handling of Fruits and Vegetables after Harvesting
7. Precooling of Horticulture Produce
8. Transportation and Marketing of Fruits, Vegetables and Flowers
9. Ethylene: Fruit Ripening Hormone and Fruit Ripening
10. Packaging of Horticulture Produce
11. Storage of Fruits and Vegetables
12. Postharvest Disease and Insect Management
13. Postharvest Care and Handling of Cut Flowers
14. Postharvest Handling of Spices