Planning Provision with Purpose
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after November 30, 2021
The second in The Essential SENCO Toolkit series, this resource clarifies and explores the key distinctions between quality first teaching adjustments, resources/support and interventions. It allows practitioners to develop their practice effectively and strategically to capture the true impact of SEND provision, by shifting the focus from the ‘who and when’ to the ‘what and why’.
Chapters also include original frameworks – the 4 Functions of Learning Support – to help with the deployment of Teaching Assistants and to provide a shared language of support, as well as resources that support the application of the 7 Cs Learning Portfolio (introduced in the first book in the series, SEND Assessment) and an intervention index to fully understand the purpose and effectiveness of interventions.
Key features offered:
- An introduction to the 4 functions of learning support, providing a measurable language of learning support to help practitioners to organise and deploy Teaching Assistants as part of their SEND provision
- An intervention index to enable individual or MAT-based SENCOs to capture their own evidence base regarding the purpose and impact of interventions
- Intervention action cards and targeted outcomes for all 49 themes within the 7 Cs Learning Portfolio
- A photocopiable and downloadable programme of materials that can be used by readers to gain a better understanding of interventions.
SEND Intervention will promote confidence and clarity regarding the rationale for SEND provision. This essential resource provides a practical toolkit to support both new and experienced SENCOs and SEN practitioners.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Assessment and Intervention
Chapter 2: SEND Provision with Purpose
Chapter 3: Action with Intent
Chapter 4: The 4 functions of Learning Support
Chapter 5: Resources for Mediation and Reinforcement
Chapter 6: Resources for Assessment and Intervention
Chapter 7: The role of Adults
Chapter 8: Interventions – to buy or not to buy?
Chapter 9: Capturing the impact of SEND Provision
Chapter 10: Getting Started – The 7 P’s of SEND Provision
Judith Carter is a registered Educational Psychologist (EP) and Director of Willow Tree Learning. She is a Tutor on the National Award for SEN Co-ordination working with Eastern Partnership and hosts the Essential SENCO Network and provides a range of bespoke training on SEND. Judith believes passionately in inclusion and education for all and works directly with Staff, children, young people and their families, to promote participation and learning.