This book gives readers a practical introduction into machine learning and sensing techniques, their design and ultimately specific applications that could improve food production. It shows how these sensing and computing systems are suitable for process implementation in food factories.
This book starts by giving the reader an overview of the historic structures of food manufacturing standards and how they defined today’s manufacturing. It is followed by a topical introduction for professionals in the food industries in topics such as AI, machine learning, and neural networks. It also includes an explanation of the different sensor systems and their basic principles. It shows how these sensing and computing systems are suitable for process implementation in food factories and what types of sensing systems have already been proven to deliver benefit to the food manufacturing industries. The authors also discuss issues around food safety, labelling, and traceability and how sensing and AI can help to resolve issues. They also use case studies and specific examples that can show the benefit of such technologies compared to current approaches.
This book is a practical introduction and handbook for students, food engineers, technologists and process engineers on the benefits and challenges around modern manufacturing systems following Industry 4.0 approaches.
0. front matter.
1. Overview of Sensors and Sensing Techniques in Food Processing.
Akinola Samson Olayinka, Tsegaye Bojago Dado, Charles Oluwaseun Adetunji,
Tosin Comfort Olayinka, Onyijen Ojei Harrison.
2. Sensing and Artificial Intelligence for Food Packaging.
Olorunsola Adeyomoye, Charles Oluwaseun Adetunji, Olugbemi T. Olaniyan, Akinola Samson Olayink, and Olalekan Akinbo
3. Optical Methods - Advanced Image Recognition and Feature Extraction Solutions for Food Manufacturing.
Olugbemi T. Olaniyan , Charles Oluwaseun Adetunji, Olorunsola Adeyomoye, Akinola Samson Olayinka, and Olalekan Akinbo
4. Artificial Intelligence and Automation for Precision Pest Management.
Charles Oluwaseun Adetunji, Olugbemi T. Olaniyan, Osikemekha Anthony Anani, Abel Inobeme, Osarenkhoe O Osemwegie, Daniel Hefft, and Olalekan Akinbo
5. The Role of Biosensors in Inspection of Food and Agricultural Products: Current Advances.
Charles Oluwaseun Adetunji, Abel Inobeme, Inamuddin, John Tsado Mathew, Jonathan Inobeme, Alexander Ikechukwu Ajai, Juliana Bunmi Adetunji, Maliki Munirat, Akinola Samson Olayinka, and Olalekan Akinbo
6. Packaging of Animal-Based Food Products -The Need for Intelligent Freshness Sensors.
Ogundolie Frank Abimbola, Charles Oluwaseun Adetunji, Babatunde Joseph Dare, John Tsado Mathew, Abel Inobeme, Shakira Ghazanfar, Olugbemi Tope Olaniyan, Modupe Doris Ajiboye, and Wadazani Dauda.
7. Application of Gas/Biosensors for Effective Determination of Contaminants in the Environment and Food Products as Well as Their Role in Detection of Toxic Pesticides.
Abel Inobeme, Charles Oluwaseun Adetunji, Akinola Samson Olayinka, and Olalekan Akinbo
8. Artificial Intelligence in Food Fraud and Traceability.
Ogundolie Frank Abimbola, Michael O. Okpara, Manjia Jacqueline Njikam, and Aruwa Christiana Elejo.
9. Relevance of Biosensor in the Detection of Contaminants and Pollutants in Food, Agricultural And Environmental Sector.
Inobeme Abel, Charles Oluwaseun Adetunji, Akinola Samson Olayinka, and Olalekan Akinbo
10. Artificial Intelligence and Its Role in the Food Industry.
Akinola Samson Olayinka, Onyijen Ojei Harrison, Tosin Comfort Olayinka,
Charles Oluwaseun Adetunji, and Tsegaye Bojago Dado.
11. Recent Advances in the Characterization and Application of Graphene in the Food Industry.
Charles Oluwaseun Adetunji, Olugbemi T. Olaniyan, Inobeme Abel, Olorunsola Adeyomoye, John Tsado Mathew, and Olalekan Akinbo
12. Artificial Intelligence in the Food Packaging Industry.
Ogundolie Frank Abimbola and Michael O. Okpara.