The Special School's Handbook Key Issues for All
Giving an up-to-date picture of the work of special schools, this practical and informative book provides an invaluable and timely companion for anyone teaching or planning to teach in special schools in the United Kingdom.
Using case studies of good practice to provide clear suggestions on how special schools may be further developed, the wide-ranging chapters address topics such as:
- adapting the curriculum to give special schools more flexibility
- implications of Every Child Matters and multi-professional working
- organisational changes in special schools
- the changing roles of staff in the modern special school
- ways of assessing the progress and achievement of pupils
- working with parents.
With a no-nonsense, non-academic approach, and with each chapter featuring think points and suggestion for further study, The Special School's Handbook contains a wealth of invaluable information, resources and advice and is a handy reference book which staff can dip in and out of at their leisure.
Innovative Organisation. Clear Roles. Challenging Training. Distinctive Provision. Better Children’s Well Being. Ambitious Target Setting. Confident Multi Professional Working. Strong Home-School Partnership. Dynamic Pupil Participation. Secure Funding. Conclusion - Promoting the Special School