Translational Bioinformatics Applications in Healthcare
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after April 20, 2021
Translational bioinformatics (TBI) involves development of storage, analytics and advanced computational methods to harvest knowledge from voluminous biomedical and genomic data into 4P healthcare (proactive, predictive, preventive and participatory). Translational Bioinformatics Applications in Healthcare offers a detailed overview and concepts of TBI, biological and clinical databases, clinical informatics, and pertinent real-case applications. It further illustrates recent advancements, tools, techniques, and applications of TBI in healthcare including IoT potential, toxin databases, medical image analysis and telemedicine applications, analytics of COVID-19 CT-images, viroinformatics and viral diseases, COVID-19 related research.
- Covers recent technologies such as Blockchain, IoT, Big data analytics, in bioinformatics
- Presents the role of translational bioinformatic methods in the fields of Viroinformatics, as well as in drug development and repurposing
- Includes translational healthcare and NGS for clinical applications
- Illustrates translational medicine systems and its applications in better healthcare
- Explores medical image analysis with focus on CT-image and novel coronavirus disease detection
Aimed at researchers and graduate students in computational biology, data mining and knowledge discovery, algorithms and complexity, and interdisciplinary fields of studies, including bioinformatics, health-informatics, biostatistics, biomedical engineering, and viroinformatics.
Table of Contents
1. Translational Healthcare System Through Bioinformatics 2. Next-Generation Sequence Analysis for Clinical Applications 3. Clinical Applications of Next-Generation Sequence Analysis in Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML) 4. Role of Personal Genome in Healthcare 5. Application of Translational Bioinformatics (TBI) Approach in Drug Discovery 6. Translational Bioinformatics Methods For Drug Repurposing 7. The Fundamentals and Potential of IoT For Bioinformatics and Healthcare 8. Viroinformatics and Viral Diseases: A New Era of Interdisciplinary Science for a Thorough Apprehension of Virology 9. Toxin Database and Healthcare Applications 10. Lossless Medical Image Compression using Hybrid Block Based Algorithm for Telemedicine Application 11. Improved FCM Based on Gaussian Kernel and Crow Search Optimization for ROI Extraction on Corona Virus Disease (COVID-19) CT Images 12. Estimating the Effect of Social Distancing in the Progression Dynamics Of COVID-19
Khalid Raza is currently working as an Assistant Professor (Stage-III) at the Department of Computer Science, Jamia Millia Islamia (Central University), New Delhi, India. He was on foreign deputation during 2017-2018 and served as Visiting Professor (ICCR Chair) at Faculty of Computer & Information Sciences, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt. He obtained his bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Computer Applications, and cleared UGC-NETJRF conducted by University Grants Commission (UGC), India He obtained his PhD in the area of Soft Computing and Bioinformatics from Jamia Millia Islamia in 2014. He has contributed over 60 research articles in refereed international journals, conference proceedings and as book chapters. He has received grants for two Govt. funded research projects and working as Principal Investigator. He is reviewer of several international journals, and member of several conference review committees. Nilanjan Dey is an Assistant Professor in Department of Information Technology at Techno India College of Technology (under Techno India Group), Kolkata, India. He is a visiting fellow of Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Reading, UK and Visiting Professor of Duy Tan University, Vietnam. He was an honorary Visiting Scientist at Global Biomedical Technologies Inc., CA, USA (2012-2015). He was awarded his PhD. from Jadavpur University in 2015. In addition, recently he was awarded as one among the top 10 most published academics in the field of Computer Science in India (2015-17) during ‘Faculty Research Awards’ organized by Careers 360 at New Delhi, India. Before he joined Techno India, he was Assistant Professor of JIS College of Engineering and Bengal College of Engineering and Technology. He has authored/edited more than 75 books with Elsevier, Wiley, CRC Press and Springer, and published more than 300 papers. His h-index is 43 with more than 7500 citations. He is the Editor-in-Chief of Int. J. of Ambient Computing and Intelligence (IJACI, IGI Global, UK, Scopus), Int. J. of Rough Sets and Data Analysis (IGI Global, US, DBLP, ACM dl). He is the Series Co-Editor of Springer Tracts in Nature-Inspired Computing (STNIC), Springer, Series Co-Editor of Advances in Ubiquitous Sensing Applications for Healthcare (AUSAH), Elsevier, Series Editor of Computational Intelligence in Engineering Problem Solving and Intelligent Signal processing and data analysis, CRC Press (FOCUS/Brief Series) and Advances in Geospatial Technologies (AGT) Book Series, (IGI Global), US, serves as an editorial board member of several international journals, including International Journal of Image Mining (IJIM), Inder Science, Associated Editor of IEEE Access (SCI-Indexed), and International Journal of Information Technology, Springer. His main research interests include Medical Imaging, Machine learning, Computer Aided Diagnosis as well as Data Mining. He has been on program committees of over 100 international conferences, a workshop organizer of 15 workshops, and acted as a program co-chair and/or advisory chair of more than 75 international conferences. He has given more than 75 invited lectures in 10 countries, including many invited plenary/keynote talks at the international conferences such as ITITS2017 (China), TIMEC2017 (Egypt) and BioCom2018 (UK) etc.