Chiral Organic Pollutants introduces readers to the growing challenges of chirality in synthetic chemicals. In this volume, contributors brilliantly summarize the characteristics of chiral pollutants to provide tools and techniques for effectively assessing their environmental and human health risks. Chapters cover recent research on the physicochemical properties, sources, exposure pathways, environmental fate, toxicity, and enantioselective analysis of chiral organic pollutants. Chiral Organic Pollutants also provides comprehensive discussions on the current trends in the synthesis and legislation of chiral chemicals.
- Includes sampling and analytical methods for the enantioselective analysis of a wide array of chiral organic pollutants in food and the environment
- Summarizes recent research on the sources, fate, transport, and toxicity of chiral organic pollutants in the environment
- Critically examines the sources and pathways of chiral organic pollutants such as pesticides, pharmaceuticals, and flame retardants in food
- Includes a comprehensive discussion on current trends in the enantioselective synthesis and chiral switching of pesticides and pharmaceuticals
- Provides analysis of current national and international regulations of chiral synthetic chemicals
The use of chiral synthetic chemicals such as pesticides, pharmaceuticals, personal care products, and halogenated flame retardants has significantly grown in the past 60 years. Hence, understanding the human and environmental health effects of chiral organic pollutants is crucial in the industry, academia, and policymaking. Chiral Organic Pollutants is an excellent textbook and reference for students, scientists, engineers, and policymakers interested in food quality, environmental pollution, chemical analysis, organic synthesis, and toxicology.
Also available in the Food Analysis and Properties Series:
Analysis of Nanoplastics and Microplastics in Food, edited by Leo. M.L. Nollet and Khwaja Salahuddin Siddiqi (ISBN: 9781138600188)
Proteomics for Food Authentication, edited by Leo M.L. Nollet, and Semih Ötleş (ISBN: 9780367205058)
Mass Spectrometry Imaging in Food Analysis, edited by Leo M.L. Nollet (ISBN: 9781138370692)
For a complete list of books in this series, please visit our website at:
1. Overview on Chiral Pollutants in the Environment and Food. Section I: Analysis, Fate, and Toxicity of Chiral Pollutants in the Environment. 2. Chiral Inverstion of Organic Pollutants. 3. Chiral Pesticides. 4. Analysis, Fate, and Toxicity of Chiral Pharmaceuticals in the Environment. 5. Chiral Personal Care Products: Occurrence, Fate, and Toxicity. 6. Chiral Halogenated Organic Contaminants of Emerging Concern. 7. Persistent Organic Pollutants. Section II: Analysis, Fate, and Toxicity of Chiral Pollutants in Food. 8. Current Trends in Enantioselective Food Analysis. 9. Occurrence of Chiral Pesticides in Food and Their Effects on Food Processing and the Health of Humans. 10. Chiral Pharmaceuticals: Source, Human Risk, and Future Studies. 11. Food Authenticity and Adulteration. Section III: Regulation and Remediation of Chiral Pollutants. 12. Regulatory Perspectives and Challenges in Risk Assessment of Chiral Pollutants. Section IV: Synthesis and Chiral Switching of Chiral Chemicals. 13. Chiral Pesticides: Synthesis, Chiral Switching, and Absolute Configuration. 14. Chiral Pharmaceuticals: Synthesis and Chiral Switching.