The Unstoppable Sales Machine
How to Connect, Convert, and Close New Customers
You're in big trouble if you rely on having "feet on the street" to generate new sales. Selling in today's economy has forever changed. Buyers today are more challenging to reach and offer less of their time to anyone in sales. So it's time to rethink how we generate sales to create a sustainable model that produces consistent results.
This book addresses the shifts sales professionals, and their organizations need to make in introducing modern sales strategies. It provides insights and proven strategies for business owners, sales executives, leaders, and professionals -- anyone who desires to create a rapid and sustained increase in their sales without investing significant time or money.
In a comprehensive review of the author's work with global companies, Casemore introduces a model for "Unstoppable Selling" -- capturing the strategies and tactics of how top-performing companies have continued to sell more each year, all while increasing the predictability of their sales growth.
This book contains powerful models, tools, and resources, including the Hybrid Sales Funnel, Rocket Fuel Referral Process, and the Market Maximizer. In addition, the book demonstrates how you can quickly establish your Unstoppable Sales Machine regardless of the size or sector of your company.
Introducing your own unstoppable sales machine will not require you to hire a bunch of experts or more employees. This book accepts you where you are and then walks you through the steps to quickly introduce and launch your very own machine. You'll find all the advice, guidance, case studies, and worksheets in this one convenient book ready for you to implement. If you intend to scale your business or want more freedom from the daily rollercoaster of your current sales strategy, this is the book for you.
Selling is a noble profession and the heart and soul of every business -- Yet the continued evolution of today's customers, how they engage, select, and buy products and services, requires we rethink how we approach selling. In this book, Casemore shows you how to become an expert at sales while having the freedom and comfort of knowing that your machine will never let you down.
Table of Contents
About the Author
Part 1: New Age Selling: What it Takes to Sell in Today’s Evolving Marketplace
What is an Unstoppable Sales Machine (and why do I need one)?
- The four things that are stopping your sales
- Old school "feet on the street" selling is dead.
- Funnel Fallacies: You can’t sell everything online.
- In an online world, relationships still matter.
Course Correction: How to Get the Attention of Today’s Buyers.
- How today’s buyers are looking for your products or services.
- The impact of one-click on buyer behavior.
- The attention generation: How to get their attention; keep it; then get it again.
- Solving a Problem is not the Problem.
- Impatience is the new norm: How time can make or break the sale.
Be There First with the Most: Staying ahead of your competition.
- Customer Intelligence: Zig when your competitors zag.
- The Hybrid Selling: Sales and marketing working together.
- Tools you’ll need to make your machine sing.
- Empower your buyers to buy.
What Will Happen if You Don’t Build Your Sales Machine?
- Strong sales don’t last forever.
- Death by 1000 cuts: The wrong approach to selling.
- The New Age of Selling: Why time is not on your side.
- Use your Sales Machine to attract (and retain) top sales talent.
Part 2: Ingredients for building your Unstoppable Sales Machine: Where to begin.
Building Your Machine and the Best Place to Start.
- A strategy to accelerate sales growth.
- The 8 key components of your unstoppable sales machine.
- Testing your assumptions (and avoid a catastrophic failure).
- Building your machine while you continue to sell.
Ideal Buyer’s: Why You Need Them and How to Attract Them.
- Why you can’t (and shouldn’t) sell to everyone.
- How to identify your "ideal" buyer.
- Strategies to attract your ideal buyer.
- The Twelve Commandments of Buyer Attraction
Countdown to Conversion: Engaging with Your Ideal Buyers
- The key to your machine: Interrupting your buyer’s patterns.
- How to introduce pattern interrupts for your buyers.
- The need for speed: Why responsiveness is your competitive advantage.
- Stoke the fire: Adding value where your competitors don’t.
- Managing the flow of buyers: Push versus pull.
Countdown to Launch: Fine Tuning Your Machine Before Liftoff
- Fuel for your machine: The rules to connecting with ideal buyers.
- Qualification Hurdles: Getting your ideal buyers to engage with you.
- Buyer Intelligence: Making your machine agile and responsive.
- Introducing your Referral Vortex to maximize sales thrust.
Board the Crew: Gaining Buy-in to Enable Your Sales Machine.
- Why everyone is in sales, even your accountant.
- Enabling your sales: Why you need rapid response for quick conversion.
- Developing a buyer-centric culture
- How to engage your team and sell more.
Part 3: Prepare the Rockets: Launching your machine.
Launch Your Machine (prepare for the worst, expect the best).
- Ready, Aim, Fire: Steps to introducing your unstoppable sales machine
- Execution of your plan: From paper to practice.
- Ease existing buyers into your machine.
- Keeping your eye on the ball: Measuring the metrics that matter.
- Avoid and overcome common pitfalls when introducing your machine.
Advanced Strategies to Accelerate Your Sales
- Tuning your machine for optimum performance.
- Touchpoint opportunities to engage with your buyers.
- Entice your team to personalize every buyer experience.
- Language to accelerate the sale.
Dial in Your Sales: Scale Up or Slow Down Your Sales with your Machine.
- Scale up attention: Four sources for new business.
- Scale up your sales: Three steps to generate more revenue.
- Sales scale up framework.
- Scaling back your sales (gasp!)
Set Your Sights on Market Domination
- Why pursue dominating your market.
- Companies who dominate in their market
- Dominate your market: Putting your machine into overdrive.
- Taking the next step: Introducing your very own unstoppable sales machine.
Shawn Casemore is a consultant, speaker, and executive advisor. He is the Owner and Founder of Casemore and Co. Inc., a global consulting firm that has attracted clients such as CN Rail, Tim Hortons, PepsiCo, Kids Help Phone, Sick Kids, and over 200 other leading organizations. He’s served on several boards including the Canadian Association of Family-Owned Enterprises and Excellence in Manufacturing Consortium.
His speaking typically includes over two dozen keynotes each year at major conferences, and he’s lectured at institutions such as the University of Waterloo and Humber Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning.
Shawn’s published work includes hundreds of articles in print and online for publications such as Fast Company, Chief Executive, Industry Week, and the Globe and Mail. He’s also written two commercially published books, including his most recent, The Unstoppable Organization.