New & Notable Textbooks
Browse our latest and forthcoming Business & Economics titles below. Instructors are invited to request inspection copies for their upcoming courses. To do so, click the "Request e-Inspection Copy" link beneath the book you are interested in, and fill in the online form.
Leading for Learning: How Managers Can Get Business Results through Developmental Coaching and Inspire Deep Employee Commitment
October 09, 2020 by Productivity Press
September 30, 2020 by Productivity Press
Achieve Unstoppable Success in Any Economy: The 7 Divine Mantras to Maximize Your Leadership Potential
July 29, 2020 by Productivity Press
This series of shortform textbooks has been developed to align with and support the Level 7 Senior Leader Master’s Degree Apprenticeship (SLMDA). Each book concentrates on a key element of the SLMDA Standard and therefore covers a core essential of management practice. The series is centred around critical reflection on the underlying assumptions the individual leader or manager might make and their current practice, and collectively designed to enhance leadership knowledge, skills and behaviours.
Collectively, Mastering Fashion Management is a valuable resource for advanced undergraduate and postgraduate students of Fashion Management, helping them gain an in-depth understanding of contemporary concepts and the realities of practice across the entire fashion chain - from design development and product sourcing, to buying and merchandising, sustainability, and sales and marketing. Individually, each text provides essential reading for a core topic. A range of consistent pedagogical features are used throughout the texts, including international case studies, highlighting the practical importance of theoretical concepts.
Interested in proposing a book for a book series? Learn how to become a Taylor & Francis author >
- Scenario Planning for Climate Change: A Guide for Strategists by Nardia Haigh is the winner of the 2020 Book Award for the Organizations and the Natural Environment (ONE) Division of the Academy of Management.
- The Arab Business Code by Judith Hornok was a Finalist in The International Book Awards 2020 in the Business: General category
- Quality Beyond Borders by David Hutchins is the winner of the Walter E. Masing Book Prize at the International Academy for Quality
Media & Publicity
- Listen to Ruth Saunders, co-author of ‘Female Entrepreneurs’, discuss older women in the economy on BBC Buisness Daily: https://bddy.me/35JYOKB
- Miriam Sidibe, author of 'Brands on a Mission' has been featured in the Harvard Business Review, writing on the book's themes: https://hbr.org/2020/05/marketing-meets-mission
- Nada Sanders and John Wood, authors of 'The Humachine', recently had an article published in the Harvard Business Review, explaining why the secret to AI is actually people: https://hbr.org/2020/08/the-secret-to-ai-is-people
- Conversation with Georg Kell, author of 'Sustainable Investing' in Triple Pundit: https://www.triplepundit.com/story/2020/challenges-esg-investing/705936
Transition Economies by Aleksandr V. Gevorkyan
"Professor Gevorkyan’s book represents a successful attempt to shed light on one of the greatest unknowns of development economics: the transformation that the countries which used to be under the direct sphere of influence of the Soviet Union experienced when they faced the traumatic transition from planned to market economies. [...] This book is equally relevant for researchers in the field, providing in-depth and critical analysis, and for the curious readerwith a reasonable degree of technical knowledge, since every issue is presented in a very accessible manner. At the same time, the book contributes to the filling of the knowledge gap, by offering a well-reasoned heterodox interpretation of Eastern European and former Soviet Union countries’ transition processes. It also adds to the literature on the failures of neoliberalism, and how neither shock therapy nor gradualism seem to work. This book will certainly prove to be very useful for several
courses on the region for years to come." Read More
The Arab Business Code by Judith Hornok
"Impressively informative, expertly written, organized and presented, The Arab Business Code should be considered mandatory reading for any corporate executive wanting to do business with any or all of the Arabic gulf nations and/or their collective associations (including OPEC)." - Midwest Book Review. Read More
Communicatoin Causes by Nicky Garsten, Ian Bruce
"Communicating Causes is a must-read for PR practitioners working or aspiring to work in the sector. It brings together leading practitioners and thinkers to establish NPOs as exemplars of civil society. It uses key concepts such as risk and reputation, strategic issues management and communications evaluation to analyse the broad international context. And it examines a wide range of third-sector environments, offering tips on corporate governance, digital communications strategies and charity branding as well as case studies from around the world." Read More