Bakery and Confectionery Products Processing, Quality Assessment, Packaging and Storage Techniques
This book is a comprehensive and practical day-to-day reference for undergraduate and postgraduate students in the discipline of Food Science and Technology.
Different topics are discussed to provide a comprehensive knowledge of the theoretical as well as the applied aspects involved in processing of bakery and confectionery products to gain confidence in any dedicated reader to go for a startup in the field. It also covers information on ingredients to bakery and confectionery products, formulae and processes for bakers, equipment for bakers and confectionery units along with quality assessment and standards. It will also help those connected with industries – who supply ingredients, equipment and packaging materials for bakery and confectionery units. The book is also useful for students appearing in any competitive examination in the disciplines of Food Science, Food Science, Nutrition, and Food Technology.
This title is co-published with NIPA. Taylor and Francis does not sell or distribute its print and electronic editions in India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.
1. History, Prospects and Trends in Bakery and Confectionery Industry Bakery Industry
2. Types of Bakery and Confectionery Products
3. Bakery Ingredients
4. Formulations and Processing of Biscuits
5. Formulations and Processing of Cakes and Types of Cakes
6 Formulations and Processing of Breads
7. Bakery Equipment
8. Quality Assessment and Standard Specifications of Bakery Products
9. Confectionery and Chocolate Ingredients
10. Commercial Processing of Chocolate
11. Types of Confectionery: Hard Boiled Sweets, Aerated Confectionery, Granulated, Sugar Panning Tablets, Cream Pastes and Lozenges
12. Crystallized Confectionery and Chewing Gums
13. Equipments Used in Confectionery Manufacturing
14. Packaging and Storage of Bakery and Confectionery Products
15. Quality Assessment and Standard Specifi cations of Confectionery Products