There has been a global rise in the incidence of chronic illnesses, which may be partially attributed to the lengthening of the average human lifespan. Functional foods and nutraceuticals have a potential role to play in the development and maintenance of health. They can assist the body in its battle against inflammation and chronic illnesses.
Molecular Mechanisms of Action of Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals for Chronic Diseases addresses the effects and mechanism of functional foods in relation to chronic diseases such as obesity, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, cancer, etc. This volume, like the first volume Applications of Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals for Chronic Diseases, inspires new thought processes and a paradigm shift in research and development.
- Discusses the molecular mechanism of action, the range of toxicities exerted by these food components for functional foods for addressing chronic conditions
- Enhances scientists and industrial personnel knowledge of functional foods and in the management of chronic diseases
- Presents research on the role of functional foods/nutraceuticals in preventing and treating chronic diseases through epigenetic modulation
- Explores various subjects such as epigenetics, immunological, metabolic, technological and neurodenerative aspects affected by functional foods in chronic diseases
The world’s leading wellness centers for chronic diseases are using functional foods and nutraceuticals in their practice and discovering their useful applications, and this second of two volume set is another great reference for practitioners, scientists, and clinicians in the management of chronic diseases. Contributors hail from different geographical locations around the world and have many years of research and scholarly experience in functional foods, nutraceuticals, and biology.
1. Role of Epigenetics in Human Diseases: Bioactive Food Peptides for the Prevention and Treatment of Chronic Diseases through Modulation of the Epigenome 2. The Interactions between Functional Foods, Epigenetics, and Chronic Diseases 3. Immunological Compromises in Chronic Diseases and Use of Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals 4. Molecular Mechanisms to understand chronic diseases and Immune Function: application of functional foods and Nutraceutical Interventions 5. Functional food and obesity and metabolic syndrome 6. Epigenetics and chronic diseases, role of functional foods in preventing tumorigenesis 7. Curcumin as a functional food in cancer 8. Integration of Biotechnology & Nanotechnology in chronic diseases: Interventions with functional foods and Nutraceuticals 9. Nanodelivery Of Bioactive Food Components in Chronic Diseases 10. Understanding the mechanistic pathways against neurodegenerations with focus on Ayurvedic point of view use of rasayanas (Ayurvedic functional foods and Nutraceuticals) 11. Inflammatory diseases and prevention and treatment using functional foods and nutraceuticals 12. Role of functional food in the prevention of Alzheimer’s disease: A hope of neuroprotection
13. Gastrointestinal Tract and Digestion challenges in chronic diseases and applications of functional foods and nutraceuticals 14. Benefits of Nuts in the Management of Chronic Diseases