Essentials and Applications of Food Engineering
Free Shipping (6-12 Business Days)
Essentials & Applications of Food Engineering provides a comprehensive understanding of food engineering operations and their practical and industrial utility. It presents pertinent case studies, solved numerical problems, and multiple choice questions in each chapter and serves as a ready reference for classroom teaching and exam preparations.
The first part of this textbook contains the introductory topics on units and dimensions, material balance, energy balance, and fluid flow. The second part deals with the theory and applications of heat and mass transfer, psychrometry, and reaction kinetics. The subsequent chapters of the book present the heat and mass transfer operations such as evaporation, drying, refrigeration, freezing, mixing, and separation. The final section focuses on the thermal, non-thermal, and nanotechnology-based novel food processing techniques, 3D food printing, active and intelligent food packaging, and fundamentals of CFD modeling.
- Features 28 case studies to provide a substantial understanding of the practical and industrial applications of various food engineering operations
- Includes 178 solved numerical problems and 285 multiple choice questions
- Highlights the application of mass balance in food product traceability and the importance of viscosity measurement in a variety of food products
- Provides updated information on novel food processing techniques such as cold plasma, 3D food printing, nanospray drying, electrospraying, and electrospinning
The textbook is designed for undergraduate and graduate students pursuing Food Technology and Food Process Engineering courses. This book would also be of interest to course instructors and food industry professionals.
1. Units and Dimensions
2. Material Balance
3. Energy Balance
4. Fluid Flow
5. Heat Transfer
6. Mass Transfer
8. Fundamentals and Applications of Reaction Kinetics
11. Refrigeration and Freezing of Foods
12. Mixing and Separation Processes
13. Thermal Processing of Foods
14. Nonthermal and Alternative Food Processing Technologies
15. Food Packaging
16. Fundamentals of Computational Fluid Dynamics Modeling and Its Applications in Food Processing
Appendix I: Saturated Water and Steam (Temperature) Tables
Appendix II: Saturated Water and Steam (Pressure) Tables
Appendix III: Specific Volume of Superheated Steam
Appendix IV: Specific Enthalpy of Superheated Steam
Appendix V: Specific Entropy of Superheated Steam
We offer free standard shipping on every order across the globe.
- Free Shipping (6-12 Business Days)